Visiting the Museum of Communications
The Museum of Communications 7000 East Marginal Way South Seattle, Washington 98108 Telephone (206) 767-3012 Mailing address P.O. Box 81103 Seattle, WA 98108 We are just 1-1/2 miles North of The Museum of Flight on East Marginal Way South.
Hours and admission:
- Every SUNDAY from 10 am to 3:00 pm* CLOSED EASTER SUNDAY 5 April 2015
- The museum is handicap accessible.
- Suggested donation, $5 for adults, $2 youths aged 12 to 18 (parents with children under twelve are encouraged to first visit the museum without their children to determine the suitability of museum exhibits for younger visitors)
* Doors close at 2:30 pm to permit visitors to conclude their tour before the museum closes at 3 pm
Directions to the Museum:
Via taxicab: If you are staying in downtown Seattle, the fastest way to reach us is via taxicab. Via bus: You may also reach us via public transportation. Take either bus #142 (from Third Avenue in downtown Seattle) and get off at Ellis Avenue South and South Myrtle Street (then walk 0.35 miles to the museum) or take bus #132 from Third Avenue in downtown Seattle and get off at South Michigan Street and East Marginal Way South (then walk 0.5 miles to the museum). Be sure to verify your bus route in advance using the online trip planner at http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/ Via automobile: From Interstate-5
- Exit at the Corson Avenue South, exit #162.
- Continue on Corson Avenue South. The Museum is just past the intersection of Corson Avenue South and South Willow Street.
- As you approach South Willow Street, you will notice a three-story telephone office on your left with a white concrete panel exterior and very few windows—the museum is in this building.
- Look for the sidewalk sign on your left advertising the museum. Then turn left into the parking lot. NOTE: Corson Avenue South ends at East Marginal Way South (a major street with a stoplight). The museum entrance is before this intersection. If you go too far, turn left at the stoplight and make several left turns to circle back around the museum.
- Park behind the building and walk to the chain-link fence.
- Turn right and go up the ramp.
- Go through the door and take the elevator to the 3rd floor to start the tour.
From State Route 99/East Marginal Way South
- From the north, take SR99 through downtown Seattle (“the viaduct”) and continue southward on East Marginal Way South. Turn left at the intersection of Corson Ave South (at the stoplight) and make an immediate right turn into the museum parking lot.
- From the south, take East Marginal Way South (past Boeing Field/King County Airport) and turn right at the intersection of Corson Ave South (at the stoplight) and make an immediate right turn into the museum parking lot.